Hello everyone and welcome back to the diary of an international homeless!
This blog post is all about summer and its destinations. “Why seven?” you are probably thinking. Seven is the number of continents around the world (considering the fact that we divided America into two parts: North America and South America and we excluded the Antarctic Peninsula) and we decided to choose one destination for each one.
And who knows? Maybe one of you is looking for the next summer destination to go to and you are in the perfect place!
(A little creepy GIF, don’t you think?) Ok, let’s begin!
- For Europe, Pamukkale (Turkey), which means “cotton castle” in Turkish, is a UNESCO world heritage site and it is now a tourist attraction thanks to its hot spring pools.
- For Asia, it is a must a ride in a hot air balloon in Bagan, a city of Myanmar and you probably will tell that this is a must looking the photos down below.
Another attraction in the city of Rangoon, it’s the Shwedagon Pagoda, tall 105 meters. It is the most sacred Buddhist pagoda in Myanmar, as it believed to contain relics of the four previous Buddhas of the present kalpa.
- For South America, one of the most underrated places is situated in Bolivia and it’s Salar de Uyuni. It is the world’s largest salt flat and it has one of the most breathtaking landscapes in the whole world, especially during the sunset.
- North America was the most difficult to choose from because of its many places that we hopefully visit in the future. But at the end, we went for Sedona. Its main attraction is the array of red sandstone formations. which form a popular backdrop for many activities, ranging from spiritual pursuits to hiking and mountain biking trails.
Apart from the main attraction, the city of Sedona is noted for its mild climate and for its art galleries and expensive gourmet restaurants.
Situated off the northwest coast of Africa, Cape Verde or Cabo Verde is a nation on a volcanic archipelago. Known for its Creole Portuguese-African culture, the nation offers numerous beaches.
The largest island Santiago is home to the capital Praia.
- And last but not least, we chose the 300 Fiji islands in Oceania. These islands are looking too beautiful to be real!
I know! But you don’t want just to spend your days at the beach in there! Why not going for a walk in the forest? and try to see all of the different types of birds? Yes! you understood well, every island means a different adventure!
These are the six summer destinations that you don’t want to miss! We can’t wait to travel and visit one of these places and hope you take inspiration for your next trip!