We just stepped in 2018 and as everyone in this world, we are also thinking, planning and most of the time failing our New year’s resolutions, but this year is different!
(Any OITNB fans here?)
Looking back on “my wrap up of 2017”, I noticed that I just read random books that I found on Booktube and on sale! So here is the plan for this year.
We want to read a minimum of 26 books, which means two books in a month. To make it a bit more fun and different, J and me are going to do it together (as we have almost opposite tastes). This will mean that each of us picked 13 challenges where we are allowed to choose the book and then post a review together!
We will go through the list in no particular order, but just how we feel to do it!
Without any further do, let us show you the challenge!
- A book that was popular the year you were born
- A classic
- A book made into a movie this year
- A book on a current new york times list of bestsellers
- A previously banned book
- A book of letters or diary
- A book recommended by a librarian
- A book turned into a tv show
- A best seller of a genre you don’t like
- A fantasy book
- The first book you see at the entrance of your bookshop
- A book written by an author by your same initials
- A book your sister/ brother loves
- A book from your childhood
- A thriller/ horror
- A book written by an author from your same country??????
- A book with mythological creatures
- A Pulitzer Prize-winning
- A popular author’s first book book
- A book from Rory Gilmore’s reading list
- A historical fiction
- An LGBTQ book
- A book with characters with a different culture from mine
- A book with a beautiful cover
- A book about traveling
- A book you picked from a library blindfolded
Phhhhffff! A long one!
But hey is done! Here is the challenge! Please give us as many recommendations as possible for every challenge and please join us in this beautiful adventure!
Before I forget, the first challenge I want to face is “A book from Rory Gilmore’s reading list” because, oh well… who doesn’t want to be like her?! And the book a chose is Fahrenheit 451 written by Ray Bradbury.
Share the books you will read for this challenge and tag us on our Instagram account @bookwanderlust or on Twitter @bookwanderlust2 with the #26readingchallenge2018.
And remember: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go!”
J & S